Effective Date: February 1, 2013
4. Personal Information Collected. Personally-identifiable information that we may collect includes information such as (i) your name, home or business address, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally; (ii) details regarding your entity; (iii) your financial information, such as your credit card and debit card numbers and bank routing and account numbers; (iv) additional information we may ask you to submit to authenticate yourself, such as answers to security questions to help verify your identity; (v) other supplemental information we obtain from third parties, such as credit check information and other information about you obtained from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; and (vi) information regarding waste product you post to the Website, except for information that you make viewable by all other Website users who have accounts or information that you make available to third parties without confidentiality restrictions. Our treatment of information regarding your waste products and Transactions in which you engage through the Website is discussed in Section 7 below. The foregoing types of information are hereafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
Personal Information may be provided by you to us in several ways, including without limitation, when you contact us through the Website, when you express
an interest in obtaining additional information about the services we offer, when you register for an account through the Website, and/or when you sell or
purchase waste product, agree to have waste product removed, agree to remove waste product, or otherwise agree to transfer or receive waste product as a
result of your use of the Website. In order to engage in any of the foregoing activities, you must provide us your Personal Information. Once you have set
up an account on our Website, we may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as credit bureaus, as discussed in Section 4
above and only in accordance with applicable law.
We may also use Personal Information of Customers to contact our Customers for marketing purposes. For example, we may use your Personal Information to contact you to further discuss your interest in our services and to send you information regarding Waste Hub, such as information about promotions, events, or waste-related technology. We may also send you information regarding available waste products of certain of our Website Posters who have hired us to perform marketing services on their behalf. At any time, you may request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes. In such event, however, we reserve the right to contact you for purposes relating to your use of the Website.
7. Information Shared Among Customers with Accounts and Confidentiality Requirements.
a. Information you provide when posting waste product to the Website or requesting to receive a waste product through the Website (such as information regarding the waste product you wish to transfer or receive) is made available to other users of the Website who have accounts. However, when you post a waste product to the Website, only limited information may be viewed by other users of the Website who have accounts. INFORMATION ENTERED INTO THE FIELDS LISTED BELOW WILL BE VIEWABLE BY OTHER WEBSITE USERS. FOR THIS REASON, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT TO ENTER ANY CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU DO NOT WANT VIEWABLE BY OTHER WEBSITE USERS INTO THESE FIELDS.
Fields Viewable by Other Website Users:
“Waste Stream - Title”
“Waste Stream - Volume”
“Waste Stream - Transportation Methods”
“Waste Stream - Assay Analysis”
“Waste Stream - Photos”
“Waste Stream - Categorization(s)”
c. When conducting Transactions through the Website, such as purchasing waste product from a specific Poster, as the Receiver, you may request that the applicable Poster be given the Personal Information necessary to complete the Transaction. You will also correspond directly with the applicable Poster, and you may share Personal Information (including financial information) with the Poster to complete Transactions. Posters may also share (and request that we share) Personal Information with Receivers to complete Transactions. For Personal Information you ask us to provide to another Customer to complete a Transaction and for Personal Information that you directly provide to another Customer, this Personal Information is kept confidential (see Section 7(e) below for information regarding user confidentiality requirements), unless you, the other Customer to whom you have given your Personal Information (or to whom you have allowed us to give your Personal Information for the purpose of completing a specific Transaction), and Waste Hub all agree in writing that such Personal Information may be disclosed under certain circumstances. Note, however, that although other Customers are required to keep your Personal Information confidential unless you agree otherwise (see Section 7(e)), Waste Hub has no responsibility or liability in the event such Customers fail to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of Personal Information that you share with other Customers or ask us to share with other Customers to complete a Transaction. We are not responsible or liable to you or any other party for (or in connection with any claims relating to) any Personal Information you provide directly to other Customers, or for any Personal Information you ask us to send to other Customers in order to initiate or complete a Transaction between you and such other Customers.
d. You agree not to disclose publicly or to any third party, the waste products available on the Website which are not your own or any information regarding such waste products or the Posters offering such waste products, regardless of whether or not you engage in a transaction with the Poster of such waste product.
e. For those of our CUSTOMERS who obtain Personal Information of other CUSTOMERS through the Website in connection with transactions, we require that you maintain THE confidentiality of such Personal Information and maintain the confidentiality of all details of and the existence of all transactions, unless you, the other CUSTOMER engaged in the transaction, and Waste Hub all agree otherwise IN WRITING (except as may be required by law, and then, you must provide prompt notice of the required disclosure to the other Customer and to Waste Hub, you must comply with any protective or similar order obtained by the other Customer and/or Waste Hub, and you must disclose only as much information as is required to be disclosed by the applicable law or order). You agree not to publish any press release or other public statement pertaining to any Transaction without the express prior written consent of the other Customer engaged in the Transaction and Waste Hub. You agree that any press release or other public statement that you release (after obtaining agreement of the other Customer and Waste Hub) will only disclose the specific Transaction for which you obtained consent and not any other Transaction or waste product made available through the Website or other information. Further, you agree to use other Customers’ Personal Information only for Transactions pertaining to waste products advertised and sold through the Website.
You agree not to use Customer Personal Information for marketing purposes. You agree not to sell or transfer Customer Personal Information to any other entity or individual. You agree not to add Customer (including without limitation any Customer with whom you have engaged in Transactions) to your mailing or e-mailing list without such Customers’ express written consent. You agree not to use Customer Personal Information for any purpose that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, or for any purpose other than for negotiating a potential Transaction or entering into a Transaction with another user.
8. Collection and Use of Anonymous Information. Waste Hub uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect Anonymous Information as you navigate the Website. This Section 8 describes in further detail the types of Anonymous Information we may collect and how we may use this Anonymous Information. Waste Hub uses Anonymous Information to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Anonymous Information to track what Visitors to and Customers of the Website are looking at most frequently so we can recognize and deliver more of the desired features and services. We may also combine Anonymous Information with Personal Information about Customers, such as to provide personalized information about us to such Customers. We also may use both Personal Information and Anonymous Information to help diagnose problems with the Website, to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data, and to improve our services.
a. Cookies. Waste Hub uses a feature of your Internet browser called “cookies” to make your interactions with the Website easy and meaningful. When you visit the Website, Waste Hub’s servers send a cookie to your computer. The cookie is placed on your hard drive, and it assigns your computer a unique, random number that acts as a sort of anonymous ID. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you; rather, a cookie identifies the computer you use to access the Website. A cookie cannot read data off of your hard drive. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Waste Hub, such as by opening an account, you remain anonymous to us when browsing the Website; the cookie alone will not allow us to identify you personally.
There are two types of cookies: Session-based and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during one session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. If you have chosen to identify yourself to Waste Hub, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow us to uniquely identify you. Each time you log into your account on the Website, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to your account is placed on your browser. These session cookies allow us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into your account on the Website, and to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use your account.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Waste Hub uses persistent cookies to identify browsers that have been used to previously visit the Website. When you set up an account on the Website or otherwise provide us with Personal Information, a unique identifier is assigned you. This unique identifier is associated with a persistent cookie. We are aware that the information stored in persistent cookies needs to be maintained securely and confidentially. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to disable the acceptance of cookies at any time by changing the preferences in your browser. Most browsers also allow you to change the settings to require that the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie. If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to browse certain limited pages of the Website, but you will not be able to successfully use an account on the Website or use various other features of the Website.
b. Web Beacons. Waste Hub uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Website, as well as their interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, Waste Hub may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to the Website. Waste Hub uses web beacons to operate and improve the Website and email communications. Waste Hub may use information from web beacons in combination with Personal Information about Customers to provide such Customers with information about us and our services.
c. IP Addresses. When you visit the Website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address to track and aggregate Anonymous Information. For example, Waste Hub uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Website. Waste Hub also collects IP addresses from Customers when they log into the Website in order to confirm the applicable Customer’s identity.
d. Third Party Cookies and Website Analytics. From time-to-time, Waste Hub may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume
statistical information from Visitors and Customers of the Website. You may encounter cookies from these third parties on certain pages of the Website,
which we have allowed. Waste Hub may also use other third-party cookies to track the performance of our advertisements. The information provided to these
third parties does not include Personal Information; rather, we only provide Anonymous Information. This information may be re-associated with your
Personal Information after we receive it back from the third parties, but, again, the third parties do not receive your Personal Information. Further,
these third-parties are not authorized to use your Anonymous Information in any way other than as described herein and are required to keep the information
9. Customer Names and Testimonials. Waste Hub may post a list of Customers and testimonials on the Website; however, Waste Hub obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any Customer information on such a list or posting testimonials.
10. Sharing of Information Collected. We may share Personal Information about Website users with our agents so that these agents can contact such Website users who have provided contact information on our behalf to perform certain services for us, such as past-due bill collection, to perform certain marketing on our behalf, and/or so the agents can perform website analytics services, as described above. Waste Hub does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for such third parties’ own promotional purposes.
All of the third parties described above are not authorized to use your Personal Information for any purpose other than as described above and are required to keep the Personal Information confidential.
See Section 7 above for Personal Information shared with other Customers with whom you engage in Transactions.
11. Correcting and Updating Your Information. You may update or change your Personal Information by editing the information associated with your account or by sending us an email request to email@example.com. If you request that your Personal Information be changed, we may still maintain your preexisting Personal Information for purposes of recordkeeping and to comply with our retention policy described below.
13. Security. Waste Hub uses commercially-reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security measures to assist in protecting against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, and alteration of Personal Information that is under our control. For example, Waste Hub uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology to protect your Personal Information using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Personal Information is safe, secure, and only available to you through use of your username and password. Waste Hub also hosts the Website in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
Unfortunately, no data storage system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or any Personal Information provided to us in connection with your use of the Website.
© 2013 Waste Hub, LLC. All rights reserved.