Effective Date: July 1, 2017
Personal Information may be provided by you to us in several ways, including without limitation, when you contact us through the Website, when you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the services we offer, when you register for an account through the Website, and/or when you sell or purchase waste product, agree to have waste product removed, agree to remove waste product, or otherwise agree to transfer or receive waste product as a result of your use of the Website. In order to engage in any of the foregoing activities, you must provide us your Personal Information. Once you have set up an account on our Website, we may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as credit bureaus, as discussed in Section 4 above and only in accordance with applicable law.
We may also use Personal Information of Customers to contact our Customers for marketing purposes. For example, we may use your Personal Information to contact you to further discuss your interest in our services and to send you information regarding Waste Hub, such as information about promotions, events, or waste-related technology. We may also send you information regarding available waste products of certain of our Website Posters who have hired us to perform marketing services on their behalf. At any time, you may request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes. In such event, however, we reserve the right to contact you for purposes relating to your use of the Website.
Unfortunately, no data storage system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or any Personal Information provided to us in connection with your use of the Website.
- Personal Information Collected. Personally-identifiable information that we may collect includes information such as (i) your name, home or business address, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally; (ii) details regarding your entity; (iii) your financial information, such as your credit card and debit card numbers and bank routing and account numbers; (iv) additional information we may ask you to submit to authenticate yourself, such as answers to security questions to help verify your identity; (v) other supplemental information we obtain from third parties, such as credit check information and other information about you obtained from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; and (vi) information regarding waste product you post to the Website, except for information that you make viewable by all other Website users who have accounts or information that you make available to third parties without confidentiality restrictions. Our treatment of information regarding your waste products and Transactions in which you engage through the Website is discussed in Section 7 below. The foregoing types of information are hereafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
- Collection and Use of Anonymous Information.Waste Hub uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect Anonymous Information as you navigate the Website. This Section 8 describes in further detail the types of Anonymous Information we may collect and how we may use this Anonymous Information. Waste Hub uses Anonymous Information to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Anonymous Information to track what Visitors to and Customers of the Website are looking at most frequently so we can recognize and deliver more of the desired features and services. We may also combine Anonymous Information with Personal Information about Customers, such as to provide personalized information about us to such Customers. We also may use both Personal Information and Anonymous Information to help diagnose problems with the Website, to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data, and to improve our services.
There are two types of cookies: Session-based and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during one session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. If you have chosen to identify yourself to Waste Hub, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow us to uniquely identify you. Each time you log into your account on the Website, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to your account is placed on your browser. These session cookies allow us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into your account on the Website, and to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use your account.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Waste Hub uses persistent cookies to identify browsers that have been used to previously visit the Website. When you set up an account on the Website or otherwise provide us with Personal Information, a unique identifier is assigned you. This unique identifier is associated with a persistent cookie. We are aware that the information stored in persistent cookies needs to be maintained securely and confidentially. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to disable the acceptance of cookies at any time by changing the preferences in your browser. Most browsers also allow you to change the settings to require that the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie. If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to browse certain limited pages of the Website, but you will not be able to successfully use an account on the Website or use various other features of the Website.
- Cookies. Waste Hub uses a feature of your Internet browser called “cookies” to make your interactions with the Website easy and meaningful. When you visit the Website, Waste Hub’s servers send a cookie to your computer. The cookie is placed on your hard drive, and it assigns your computer a unique, random number that acts as a sort of anonymous ID. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you; rather, a cookie identifies the computer you use to access the Website. A cookie cannot read data off of your hard drive. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Waste Hub, such as by opening an account, you remain anonymous to us when browsing the Website; the cookie alone will not allow us to identify you personally.
- Web Beacons. Waste Hub uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Website, as well as their interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, Waste Hub may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to the Website. Waste Hub uses web beacons to operate and improve the Website and email communications. Waste Hub may use information from web beacons in combination with Personal Information about Customers to provide such Customers with information about us and our services.
- IP Addresses. When you visit the Website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address to track and aggregate Anonymous Information. For example, Waste Hub uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Website. Waste Hub also collects IP addresses from Customers when they log into the Website in order to confirm the applicable Customer’s identity.
- Third Party Cookies and Website Analytics. From time-to-time, Waste Hub may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from Visitors and Customers of the Website. You may encounter cookies from these third parties on certain pages of the Website, which we have allowed. Waste Hub may also use other third-party cookies to track the performance of our advertisements. The information provided to these third parties does not include Personal Information; rather, we only provide Anonymous Information. This information may be re-associated with your Personal Information after we receive it back from the third parties, but, again, the third parties do not receive your Personal Information. Further, these third-parties are not authorized to use your Anonymous Information in any way other than as described herein and are required to keep the information confidential
- Customer Names and Testimonials. Waste Hub may post a list of Customers and testimonials on the Website; however, Waste Hub obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any Customer information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- Sharing of Information Collected. We may share Personal Information about Website users with our agents so that these agents can contact such Website users who have provided contact information on our behalf to perform certain services for us, such as past-due bill collection, to perform certain marketing on our behalf, and/or so the agents can perform website analytics services, as described above. Waste Hub does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for such third parties’ own promotional purposes.
- Correcting and Updating Your Information. You may update or change your Personal Information by editing the information associated with your account or by sending us an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your Personal Information be changed, we may still maintain your preexisting Personal Information for purposes of recordkeeping and to comply with our retention policy described below.
- Security. Waste Hub uses commercially-reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security measures to assist in protecting against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, and alteration of Personal Information that is under our control. For example, Waste Hub uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology to protect your Personal Information using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Personal Information is safe, secure, and only available to you through use of your username and password. Waste Hub also hosts the Website in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
© 2017 Waste Hub, LLC. All rights reserved.